This policy explains how and when thebbqcovercompany.co.nz collects personal information, what we do with it and your right to see or change it.
We do not use, share or transfer personal information in connection with the site except as set out in this policy, or as otherwise set out somewhere on the site (including in terms linking to the site).
Collection, storage and use of personal information
We use the order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
- Email address
- Phone number
- Billing and Shipping information
- Payment information
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
Your disclosure of personal information
You may choose to disclose personal information to us when you give feedback or in submission forms. This information can be viewed by site administrators, staff and sometimes third-party contractors who administer or work on the site, or who work on special projects with us. This includes freighting companies involved in shipping your purchase.
Holding of information
If you provide personal information, it is held by thebbqcovercompany.co.nz. It may be shared with third-party contractors to the extent necessary for them to administer or work on the site, or to work on special projects with us. Email addresses are not made available to the public. Unless required by law, we will not publicise the names or email addresses of individuals who provide feedback to us or who provide us with submission forms or order information without their consent.
Use of personal information
We will only use personal information provided to us for the purpose of:
- Processing and shipping your order
- Administering, evaluating and improving the site
- Improving our services
- Communicating with you, including responding to your feedback and information provided in submission forms.
Statistical information and cookies
Statistical information collected
The information Google Analytics collects includes:
- The first three parts of the IP address of the device
- The pages accessed on our site and the links clicked on
- The date and time the site was visited
- The referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
- The operating system (for example, Windows 7 or Mac OSX) on the device used
- The type of web browser used (for example, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox)
- Tther incidental information such as screen resolution and the language setting used.
Use of statistical information
This site generates persistent session cookies (that is, they have an expiry date and are removed on that date) for the purpose of monitoring site usage. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of your web browser however this may affect your ability to use the site.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We value your trust in providing us with your Personal Information, thus we strive to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it.
This website uses an SSL Certificate to encrypt and protect your data when being sent over the internet via this site.
As an approved eWAY merchant, we use the eWAY payment gateway to process all credit card payments and protect your credit card information. eWAY is a PCI 3.1 compliant payment gateway. eWAY is a global online credit card payment gateway provider, allowing businesses to accept secure credit card payments online 24/7 from customers around the world. Click here for more information on eWAY.
It’s important to remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Correcting your personal information
Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to access and ask us to correct any of your personal information provided to the site in connection with your use of this site.
Contact us if:
- You would like to see or change your personal information we have stored, or
- You have any concerns regarding your privacy.
We may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
P.O. Box 300562
Albany, Auckland 0752
Phone: (09) 414 5151